Media Survival is run by Dan Kaufman, an editor with over 20 years of experience. He has:
- written for and edited almost every feature section of The Sydney Morning Herald
- lectured at UTS, University of Sydney and the Australian Centre for Independent Journalism (ACIJ)
- worked as an online content specialist, copywriter and communications manager
- edited lifestyle, custom and technology magazines
- taught writing, editing and media law workshops for over a decade.
Dan works across Australia and New Zealand. His office is in Melbourne.
- "Entertaining and informative. It was the best Writing for the Web workshop I've ever been to."Janine Van Den Tillaart – Macquarie University
- "Great content and very helpful to everyone. The way you engaged everyone made them feel happy to contribute and easily get responses."Amanda Manwaring – Department of of Transport and Main Roads
- "Dan's Writing for the Web workshop was relevant, informative and fun – a must for any media business developing online content in Australia today."Sarah Falson, former managing editor at Reed Publishing
- “Dan has improved our website and SEO significantly.”Alexandra Macaulay – former National Communications and Partnerships Manager at ACU
- "Really good refresher workshop. Helped to clarify often-made grammatical errors and simplify concise writing habits."Rebecca Sands – Knight Frank
- "Dan was an engaging presenter and answered all questions well. The exercises were extremely helpful in understanding the content."Lurline Byles – Department of Fire and Emergency Services