Dealing with grumpy editors – the ebook
I’ve worked as a newspaper, magazine and online editor for over 19 years and have seen every mistake a PR can make. I’ve also come across smart, savvy PR who know what they’re doing – and the difference usually lies in whether or not they understand how an editor works and thinks.
This is why I wrote Dealing with grumpy editors, an ebook that explains what does and doesn’t work when it comes to pitching story ideas and press releases to the media. I talk about:
- how to write press releases that will grab an editor’s interest
- why editors delete your press releases
- how to pitch stories
- the danger of offering exclusives
- I explain the real reasons why some stories don’t make it to press when they should have.
(If you want to know more, you can find out what each chapter covers.)Buy Dealing with grumpy editors on Amazon
- “This is required reading for any newsroom or PR agency.”Colin Kruger, business journalist at The Sydney Morning Herald
- “An insightful and honest read and I liked that it was funny as well. I hope more people (especially CEOs and general managers) read it.”Cheryl Ng, director of public relations,The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
- “Dealing with Grumpy Editors had me laughing out loud – and despairing. This should be compulsory reading for all in the industry.”Georgia Macmillan, public relations consultant
- “This book should be required reading for all PRs, marketeers, ad people who are thinking of hiring PRs, all junior journalists and all clients who have PRs.”Emma Gardiner, editor and freelance PR