Learn how to write clear and compelling online content
People are ruthless online – if you don’t grab their attention within three seconds, they’re gone.
Taught by a former Sydney Morning Herald editor, this writing for the web course covers:
- why people read differently online
- writing short and snappy sentences
- creating persuasive headlines, intros and body copy
- using links, bullet points and subheads properly
- structuring copy to improve readability
- search engine optimisation (SEO) writing tips
- writing in plain English to make complex information easier to read
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0).
Staff training customised for you
This writing for the web course can be taught at your office anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.
It can also be customised to cover the topics relevant to you, such as:
- writing for intranets
- email marketing and newsletters
- writing online ads
- social media
- blogs and content marketing.
This is a fun and practical course filled with plenty of writing exercises.
Handbooks and certificates will be given to each participant.Ask for more information
Public writing for the web workshops
I also run writing for the web workshops around Australia that are open to the public.
Register your interest and I’ll let you know when the next public course in your area will be.
One-on-one web writing training
Personalised one-on-one sessions are also available. These allow me to focus on the specific online writing skills you want to build – whether it’s writing for SEO or improving your email newsletters.
Contact me to find out more.
- "Entertaining and informative. It was the best Writing for the Web workshop I've ever been to."Janine Van Den Tillaart – Macquarie University
- "Very engaging. I loved the sense of humour – makes it interesting."Peta Cooper - NSW Health Pathology
- "Highly practical, relevant examples and extremely enjoyable. Thank you."Jamie Ferguson – City of Sydney
- "Thank you for a fantastic learning experience. It was great to learn so many new things. I will be a much better writer because of today."Andrew Hill – The Salvation Army
- "Great workshop. Clear, concise and lots of examples and exercises to do so we could apply what Dan had just outlined. Would definitely recommend."Di Ovens – Landgate
- "Dan is adaptable to the various audience’s requirements and has a tremendous scope of information and experience which he delivers very well."Maggie Videan – Cancer Council
- "Very enjoyable and easy to follow. It was useful and engaging."Darlene Vincent – NSW Department of Primary Industries
- "Wonderful workshop – I learned so much in a short space of time, and it was highly engaging and fun. I would highly recommend this web writing course to anyone looking to better understand and practice good writing techniques in an online environment."Katharine Gray – marketing manager
- "Dan's Writing for the Web workshop was relevant, informative and fun – a must for any media business developing online content in Australia today."Sarah Falson, former managing editor at Reed Publishing
- "I wish our entire organisation could attend this class!"Scott Alexander – City of Boroondara
- "Thoroughly enjoyed the workshop. It was presented in a very clear and engaging way. Thank you for sharing your knowledge."Anna Do
- "Great workshop. Thank you. To the point and easy to follow."F Connolly
- "An informative, well-paced and professional workshop. Lots of helpful tips and tricks that are very relevant. Thank you for a good day."Michael Hopkins
- "Thank you, Dan. So much useful information. Clearly presented and engaging."Sharron Olivier