Make your writing compelling and persuasive
Taught by a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and journalist, this fun and practical writing course covers:
- making sentences short and snappy
- writing with the audience in mind
- creating great headlines and intros
- planning and structuring articles
- improving readability
- improving grammar and punctuation.
Help your staff become better writers
I provide staff training for a wide range of organisations – from government departments and universities to corporations.
The course can be taught at your office anywhere in Australia.
Because your needs are unique, your training ought to be as well. This writing course can be customised to cover the topics relevant to you, such as:
- news and feature writing
- sales proposals
- press releases and media pitches
- content marketing
- business writing – such as for reports, briefs and emails.
Exercises are threaded throughout the course so participants can immediately practise what they’ve learnt.
Handbooks and certificates will be given to each participant.Ask about staff training
Writing essentials three-day course in Melbourne – open to the public
My next writing workshop that’s open to the public will be in Melbourne from 11-13 July (9.30am–4.30pm).
Only nine places are available so I can get to know each participant and make sure the course will help them.
This in-depth course shows how to improve your writing, whether it’s for:
- news stories
- blog posts
- marketing copy
- general writing skills.
It covers how to write for both print and online plus there’s an optional media component that looks at interviewing techniques and pitching stories.
Writing exercises are threaded throughout the course so you can immediately practise what you’ve learnt.
Handbooks and certificates will be given to each participant.
I also run writing workshops in other cities. Register your interest and I’ll let you know when the next course in your area will be.
One-on-one writing training
Personalised one-on-one sessions are also available, allowing me to focus on the specific writing skills you want to build – and the type of content you need to write.
Contact me to find out more.
- "Dan was great. A fresh spin on content."Nevin Butcher
- "Great content and very helpful to everyone. The way you engaged everyone made them feel happy to contribute and easily get responses."Amanda Manwaring – Department of of Transport and Main Roads
- "Really good refresher workshop. Helped to clarify often-made grammatical errors and simplify concise writing habits."Rebecca Sands – Knight Frank
- "Dan was an engaging presenter and answered all questions well. The exercises were extremely helpful in understanding the content."Lurline Byles – Department of Fire and Emergency Services
- "Top job – I was engaged the entire time! Definitely taken away some great lessons I'll use in the future."Jesse Welsh – Nine Entertainment