A writing course that’s both fun and practical
Taught by a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and journalist, this hands-on writing course covers:
- how to write clearly and concisely
- setting the right tone for your audience
- creating great headlines
- writing intros that pull readers in
- how to structure articles
- cutting and editing your own work
- improving readability
- grammar and punctuation basics.
In-house staff training taught at your office anywhere in Australia
This writing course can be customised to cover the topics relevant to you, such as:
- news and feature writing
- sales proposals
- press releases and media pitches
- business writing – such as for reports, briefs and emails.
The course length varies depending on your requirements – it can range from half a day to three days.
Exercises are threaded throughout the course so participants can immediately practise what they’ve learnt.
Handbooks and certificates will be given to each participant.Ask about staff training
Public writing workshops
My next writing workshop that’s open to the public is in the Melbourne CBD on 5 December (9.30am–4.30pm).
Prices start from $305 per person.
Writing exercises are included throughout the course, so you can immediately practise what you’ve learnt. Handbooks and certificates will be given to each participant.
Only nine places are available.
I also run writing workshops around Australia that are open to the public.
Register your interest and I’ll let you know when the next public workshop in your area will be.
One-on-one writing training
Personalised one-on-one sessions are also available, allowing me to focus on the specific writing skills you want to build – and the type of content you need to write.
Contact me to find out more.
- "This workshop has helped me to develop a clear understanding of grammar, punctuation and copy. I've learnt about common mistakes I've been making for years – I won't now. The practice and activities helped to put it into action and I can't wait to get back to work with these skills. Thank you!"Annie Waterworth
- "Great content and very helpful to everyone. The way you engaged everyone made them feel happy to contribute and easily get responses."Amanda Manwaring – Department of of Transport and Main Roads
- "Dan was an engaging presenter and answered all questions well. The exercises were extremely helpful in understanding the content."Lurline Byles – Department of Fire and Emergency Services
- "Dan was great. A fresh spin on content."Nevin Butcher
- "Enjoyed the format and content and how elements had been applied to our work. Thank you for a fabulous session."Vanessa Hollidge – Reymond Communications
- "Really good refresher workshop. Helped to clarify often-made grammatical errors and simplify concise writing habits."Rebecca Sands – Knight Frank
- "Top job – I was engaged the entire time! Definitely taken away some great lessons I'll use in the future."Jesse Welsh – Nine Entertainment