Improve your writing skills
Taught by a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and journalist, this fun and practical writing course covers:
- how to write clearly and concisely
- techniques to make sentences snappier
- setting the right tone for your audience
- creating great headlines and intros
- how to structure articles
- improving readability
- grammar and punctuation (in a way that’s easy to understand and not overwhelming).
This course is offered in three different ways:
- workshops that are open to the public
- in-house courses for staff that can be taught on your premises anywhere in Australia or New Zealand
- one-on-one training.
Writing essentials three-day course in Melbourne – open to the public
My next short course that’s open to the public will be in Melbourne from 11-13 July (9.30am–4.30pm).
This in-depth course shows how to write different kinds of articles, from news stories and features to marketing copy and press releases.
Only nine places are available so that every participant can receive individual feedback.
Handbooks and certificates will be given to each participant.
I also run writing workshops in other cities. Register your interest to find out when the next course in your area will be.
In-house training to help your staff become better writers
I provide in-house staff training for a wide range of organisations – from government departments and universities to corporations. This can be taught at your office or a venue of your choice anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.
Because your needs are unique, your training ought to be as well. This writing course can be customised to cover the topics relevant to you, such as:
- news and feature writing
- sales proposals
- press releases and media pitches
- content marketing
- business writing – such as for reports, briefs and emails.
The length of the course varies depending on your requirements – it can range from half a day to three days.
Exercises are threaded throughout the course so participants can immediately practise what they’ve learnt.
Handbooks and certificates will be given to each participant.Ask about staff training
One-on-one writing training
Personalised one-on-one sessions are also available, allowing me to focus on the specific writing skills you want to build – and the type of content you need to write.
Contact me to find out more.
- "Really good refresher workshop. Helped to clarify often-made grammatical errors and simplify concise writing habits."Rebecca Sands – Knight Frank
- "Dan was great. A fresh spin on content."Nevin Butcher
- "Dan was an engaging presenter and answered all questions well. The exercises were extremely helpful in understanding the content."Lurline Byles – Department of Fire and Emergency Services
- "Top job – I was engaged the entire time! Definitely taken away some great lessons I'll use in the future."Jesse Welsh – Nine Entertainment
- "Great content and very helpful to everyone. The way you engaged everyone made them feel happy to contribute and easily get responses."Amanda Manwaring – Department of of Transport and Main Roads