Everyone can become a better writer
Imagine if everyone in your organisation wrote clearly, concisely and more persuasively.
It would change everything.
I provide writing training for a wide range of staff – whether they’re in sales, admin, HR, management or marketing.
The training can be customised to suit you, whether you need training on writing:
- business letters.
What will participants learn?
These writing workshops are practical and designed to teach participants skills and techniques that they can immediately put into practice in their day-to-day jobs.
More specifically, participants will learn how to:
- write with the audience in mind
- plan – and clarify – what they need to write
- write clearly and concisely
- edit and proofread their own writing
- use plain English to make technical or complex information easy to read
- format copy to improve readability.
The workshop will be customised to suit you – I can even create exercises based on your own content (if you choose).
The length of the course varies from half a day to three days, depending on your needs.
I can teach this workshop at your office anywhere in Australia.Ask about staff training
Who am I?
I’m a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and journalist with over 20 years of writing experience.
After leaving journalism, I then worked with a wide range of organisations where I had to write and edit everything from tenders and sales proposals to board papers and executive reports. In other words, I understand where your employees are coming from.
In addition to lecturing in communications at UTS, I also have over a decade’s experience in teaching writing courses for organisations – and am passionate about seeing people improve their writing skills.
Public business writing workshops
We run business writing workshops around Australia that are open to the public.
Register your interest to find out when the next public course in your area will be.
One-on-one writing training
Personalised one-on-one sessions are also available, allowing us to focus on the specific writing skills you want to build – and the type of content you need to write.
Contact me to find out more.
- "Great content and very helpful to everyone. The way you engaged everyone made them feel happy to contribute and easily get responses."Amanda Manwaring – Department of of Transport and Main Roads
- "Really good refresher workshop. Helped to clarify often-made grammatical errors and simplify concise writing habits."Rebecca Sands – Knight Frank
- "Thanks Dan. Great information, useful tips and lots of content in the handbook, which is a great resource. I've learnt a lot of things I'm either doing wrong or could do much better!"Jenny McDonagh
- "Enjoyed the format and content and how elements had been applied to our work. Thank you for a fabulous session."Vanessa Hollidge – Reymond Communications
- "Top job – I was engaged the entire time! Definitely taken away some great lessons I'll use in the future."Jesse Welsh – Nine Entertainment
- "Dan was very helpful in improving my writing skills."Demi Carigliano – Knight Frank