Everyone can become a better writer
Imagine if everyone in your organisation wrote clearly, concisely and more persuasively.
It would change everything.
I provide writing training for a wide range of staff – whether they’re in sales, admin, HR, management or marketing.
The training can be customised to suit you, whether you need training on writing:
- business letters.
What will participants learn?
These writing workshops are practical and designed to teach participants skills and techniques that they can immediately put into practice in their day-to-day jobs.
More specifically, participants will learn how to:
- write with the audience in mind
- plan – and clarify – what they need to write
- write clearly and concisely
- edit and proofread their own writing
- use plain English to make technical or complex information easy to read
- format copy to improve readability.
The workshop will be customised to suit you – I can even create exercises based on your own content (if you choose).
The length of the course varies from half a day to three days, depending on your needs.
I can teach this workshop at your office anywhere in Australia.Ask about staff training
Who am I?
I’m a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and journalist with over 20 years of writing experience.
After leaving journalism, I then worked with a wide range of organisations where I had to write and edit everything from tenders and sales proposals to board papers and executive reports. In other words, I understand where your employees are coming from.
In addition to lecturing in communications at UTS, I also have over a decade’s experience in teaching writing courses for organisations – and am passionate about seeing people improve their writing skills.
Public business writing workshops
I occasionally run business writing workshops around Australia that are open to the public.
Register your interest to find out when the next public course in your area will be.
One-on-one writing training
Personalised one-on-one sessions are also available, allowing me to focus on the specific writing skills you want to build – and the type of content you need to write.
Contact me to find out more.
- "I've done a few writing workshops in my career and this was the best."Tara D'Souza – ACCAN
- "Very practical and easy to implement in everyday writing. Was great to be able to use material from our own website and tweak it to be more understandable."Kim McQualter – Murray Local Land Services
- "Great content and very helpful to everyone. The way you engaged everyone made them feel happy to contribute and easily get responses."Amanda Manwaring – Department of of Transport and Main Roads
- "Really good refresher workshop. Helped to clarify often-made grammatical errors and simplify concise writing habits."Rebecca Sands – Knight Frank
- "Thanks Dan. Great information, useful tips and lots of content in the handbook, which is a great resource. I've learnt a lot of things I'm either doing wrong or could do much better!"Jenny McDonagh
- "Enjoyed the format and content and how elements had been applied to our work. Thank you for a fabulous session."Vanessa Hollidge – Reymond Communications