Learn how to use WordPress
WordPress is used by everyone from large companies to bloggers and independent journalists.
My WordPress courses cover:
- how to start a WordPress site
- creating stories/posts – and making them look professional
- using menus, pages and widgets (and yes, you’ll also learn what a widget is!)
- embedding multimedia such as images, maps, videos, audio, polls and more
- using plug-ins
- making your site look great – from how to choose a template to setting up a site from scratch
- increasing readability and usability
- writing tips and techniques
- using search engine optimisation (SEO)
- how to host your own site
- integrating your blog with social media.
This workshop can also be combined with my writing for the web course.
WordPress training for organisations and individuals
I can provide either one-on-one or in-house staff training that is tailored to suit your needs.
- "Very engaging. I loved the sense of humour – makes it interesting."Peta Cooper - NSW Health Pathology
- "Great workshop. Clear, concise and lots of examples and exercises to do so we could apply what Dan had just outlined. Would definitely recommend."Di Ovens – Landgate
- "Dan was patient, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with."Luanne Hopkinson – Exploring Wellness
- "Highly recommended – Dan came through at short notice and provided great advice."Scott Rochfort