Improve your writing skills
Taught by a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and journalist, this fun and practical writing course covers:
- how to write clearly and concisely
- setting the right tone for your audience
- creating great headlines and intros
- cutting and editing your own work
- improving readability
- grammar and punctuation (in a way that’s easy to understand and not overwhelming).
In-house training to help your staff become better writers
I provide in-house staff training for a wide range of organisations – from government departments and universities to corporations. This can be taught at your office or a venue of your choice anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.
Because your needs are unique, your training ought to be as well. This writing course can be customised to cover the topics relevant to you, such as:
- news and feature writing
- sales proposals
- press releases and media pitches
- content marketing
- business writing – such as for reports, briefs and emails.
The length of the course varies depending on your requirements – it can range from half a day to three days.
Exercises are threaded throughout the course so participants can immediately practise what they’ve learnt.
Handbooks and certificates will be given to each participant.Ask about staff training
Public writing workshops
I also run writing workshops around Australia that are open to the public.
Register your interest and I’ll let you know when the next public course in your area will be.
One-on-one writing training
Personalised one-on-one sessions are also available, allowing me to focus on the specific writing skills you want to build – and the type of content you need to write.
Contact me to find out more.
- "Great content and very helpful to everyone. The way you engaged everyone made them feel happy to contribute and easily get responses."Amanda Manwaring – Department of of Transport and Main Roads
- "Really good refresher workshop. Helped to clarify often-made grammatical errors and simplify concise writing habits."Rebecca Sands – Knight Frank
- "Thanks Dan. Great information, useful tips and lots of content in the handbook, which is a great resource. I've learnt a lot of things I'm either doing wrong or could do much better!"Jenny McDonagh
- "Enjoyed the format and content and how elements had been applied to our work. Thank you for a fabulous session."Vanessa Hollidge – Reymond Communications
- "I learnt so much from this workshop. Your teaching style and passion for writing is inspiring. Thank you."Peter Emptage
- "This workshop has helped me to develop a clear understanding of grammar, punctuation and copy. I've learnt about common mistakes I've been making for years – I won't now. The practice and activities helped to put it into action and I can't wait to get back to work with these skills. Thank you!"Annie Waterworth
- "Top job – I was engaged the entire time! Definitely taken away some great lessons I'll use in the future."Jesse Welsh – Nine Entertainment
- "I am taking away a lot from this workshop: making more use of strong verbs, frontloading and writing short sentences. Thank you very much. Very enjoyable and a rich writing essentials booklet to study."Siobhan Steven
- "Dan was very helpful in improving my writing skills."Demi Carigliano – Knight Frank
- "Dan was an engaging presenter and answered all questions well. The exercises were extremely helpful in understanding the content."Lurline Byles – Department of Fire and Emergency Services
- "Dan was great. A fresh spin on content."Nevin Butcher