Forget the forest – focus on the trees
Most editing jobs involve a large amount of pages, which is why most editors charge per page and churn through three to six pages an hour. This gets the job done — but it’s impossible to achieve great results this way. It’s also why you see so many mistakes in supposedly edited work.
To make a single page perfect, it takes time: time to craft the perfect headline, time to craft sentences that pull readers in, time to make sure your professional image isn’t tarnished by a stray mistake. And then if you want that page optimised for conversions, SEO, accessibility and usability …
Well, you need a different kind of editor.
I specialise in editing individual pages, articles and campaigns to make them as effective as possible for the medium they’ll appear in. More specifically, I edit:
- key pages of a website, from landing pages to those with call to actions
- ad campaigns (print, web and email)
- articles, whether they’re for blogs, magazines, newspapers or content marketing
- "Dan cleaned and tightened our copy perfectly – and ahead of deadline. I highly recommend him!"Sarah Jessup – Macquarie University
- "Dan has improved both our website copy and the SEO of our course browser considerably."Peter Coppola – Associate Director, Web & Application Services, ACU
- Amanda Lacey – McCabes"I highly recommend Dan for SEO copy editing. His knowledge and skills with the English language make copy easy to read and understand. His thoroughness is unquestioned."
- "Dan injected fun and personality into our copy."Justin Marmot – Kentia