Learn how to interact with the media
I’m a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and journalist who helps people get their message across to the media — whether it’s in an interview or through a press release.
I train a wide variety of people from different backgrounds: from PR and marketing professionals to high-level executives.
As such, the training will be tailored to suit your needs and will be different for every client.
Topics that can be covered include:
- understanding what the media wants – and how journalists work
- identifying the kinds of stories that different media outlets will run
- pitching your story to the media
- writing press releases that will be read and not deleted
- becoming comfortable and confident in media interviews
- how to use key messages without sounding like a robot
- contacting journalists and editors
- handling media requests
Media training that comes to you
My media training can be run at your office anywhere in Australia.
- "Great workshop! It was very helpful to get an insight into how editors and journos respond to pitches."Mond Liu – The Atticism
- "Very useful workshop – highly recommended. Dan was very professional and questions and answers were welcomed. Nice and relaxed environment."Ciarne Denham – Jaywing
- "Enjoyed the format and content and how elements had been applied to our work. Thank you for a fabulous session."Vanessa Hollidge – Reymond Communications