Make yourself heard – and understood
Good communication is about more than just writing and speaking well – it’s also about body language, listening, putting yourself in other people’s shoes and adapting to different situations.
This workshop will help you and your staff communicate with confidence and improve workplace relationships.
- the importance of keeping communication channels open
- reframing your message so it connects with your audience (whether it’s a single person or a group)
- being true to yourself – how to speak casually and engagingly
- using influencing language to help motivate and get across your point of view
- how to listen more effectively
- strategies for having difficult conversations and dealing with conflict
- how to be more assertive
- how to give and receive feedback
- key techniques to make your writing (from emails to reports) more effective and easier to read
- improving your body language
- tips on public speaking.
Communication skills training that’s customised for you
A communication skills workshop ought to be fun, lively and filled with activities and exercises that allow participants to immediately practice what they’ve learnt – and that’s exactly what I offer.
This course can be taught online or in person and can run for half a day or a full day depending on your requirements.
It can also be customised to suit you – for example, I can tailor it for leaders who would like to become more motivational, or for team members who need to work better together.
Handbooks and certificates will be given to each participant.Ask about staff training
One-on-one communication skills training
Personalised one-on-one sessions are also available, allowing me to focus on your specific situation and the communication skills you want to build.
Contact me to find out more.
Public communication skills workshops
I also run communication skills workshops around Australia that are open to the public.
Register your interest and I’ll let you know when the next public course in your area will be.
- "Highly practical, relevant examples and extremely enjoyable. Thank you."Jamie Ferguson – City of Sydney
- "Dan is adaptable to the various audience’s requirements and has a tremendous scope of information and experience which he delivers very well."Maggie Videan – Cancer Council
- "Top job – I was engaged the entire time! Definitely taken away some great lessons I'll use in the future."Jesse Welsh – Nine Entertainment
- "Really got a lot out of today's session."Peter Gill – Knight Frank
- "Dan was an engaging presenter and answered all questions well. The exercises were extremely helpful in understanding the content."Lurline Byles – Department of Fire and Emergency Services