I’m a former Sydney Morning Herald editor with brand communications experience – and I know what kinds of messages work and how to deliver them to different audiences.
I can help with both your brand communications strategy (developing your message) and your tactical communications (how you implement your strategy).
Develop a brand communications strategy that connects with your audience
My specialty lies in being able to develop a clear, compelling message that succinctly reflects what you need to say – and what people need to hear from you.
I’ll take the time to understand what you need to achieve, what your audience wants to know, and to make sure you achieve your goals, whether it’s:
- driving brand awareness
- increasing sales
- motivating your employees
- building your media profile.
I work with a wide range of organisations – from small businesses and not for profits to government departments, universities and corporates – to help improve their internal and external communications.
Content advice tailored to suit your organisation
I can help work out the best way to deliver your content – whether it’s though your website, email marketing, social media or print – to make sure it’s engaging, consistent and in line with your branding.
If you’re going through a web transformation project, revamping your brand, or are simply trying to manage an ever-growing number of content contributors then I can also help you with content governance and management.
Content governance involves making sure everyone in your organisation is on board – and that the content creation is in line with your strategy. The larger your organisation, the harder governance becomes.
Content management is about the nuts and bolts of creating, editing, publishing and maintaining content.
My services range from simply meeting up and having a chat right through to running sessions with your content or management team. I can also provide:
- content toolkits and templates
- tone of voice (TOV) guides
- content governance and management guidelines
- advising on content calendars
- responsible SEO advice
- usability, accessibility and information architecture recommendations.
- "Dan has improved both our website copy and the SEO of our course browser considerably."Peter Coppola – Associate Director, Web & Application Services, ACU
- "I'm feeling very motivated to work on my copy and improve it. Thank you!"Melissa Knapp – Yoganic
- "Dan's writing and communication sessions were inspiring. His hands-on training has helped to improve how our team writes and has increased our confidence when editing. I highly recommend this professional development resource."Sue Gifford – Carey Baptist College
- Great presentation, catering to a range of levels. Fantastic examples with context and relevant advice. Your level of research of our business and understanding of our audience made for a worthwhile session for all. Thank you!Rachel Drady – GMHBA
- "Highly recommended. Thorough, well-presented and essential information."Odette Waanders – CEO, Palliative Care Victoria
- "Dan's thoughtful, practical advice helped me to refine my website and improve my SEO. It was easy to implement and made a big difference to the bottom line."Matthew Young – Director, Melbourne Meditation Centre
- "Dan provided insightful and inspirational leadership in guiding AOA through the social media maze. Dan has a wonderful ability to communicate and connect and was instrumental in initiating AOA's presence on social media. I would highly recommend Dan for his sharp intellect, concise expression and powerful strategic and tactical insights."Adrian Cosenza – CEO, Australian Orthopaedic Association
- "Dan took the time to understand us and how we work. His advice was spot on, practical and easy to apply."Justin Marmot – Managing Director, Kentia
- "Dan’s content toolkit helped us simplify our writing style and tailor our information for digital delivery."Dr Elissa Van Oosterhout – NSW Department of Primary Industries
- "I was able to put the lessons into practice straight away and our electronic newsletter open rates have already increased!"Jane Phillips – Local Land Services
- Amanda Lacey – McCabes"I highly recommend Dan for SEO. His knowledge and skills with the English language make copy easy to read and understand. His thoroughness is unquestioned."