Become more confident about your grammar and punctuation
Let’s be blunt – most of us had an appalling education as far as grammar and punctuation are concerned.
That’s where my course comes in. I provide fun, practical and down-to-earth grammar training that covers:
- why grammar and punctuation are important for readability
- how to use commas, colons, semicolons, apostrophes and other punctuation marks
- structuring sentences and paragraphs
- common punctuation and grammatical mistakes – and how to avoid them
- how to improve consistency
- proofreading your own – and other people’s – work
- tips for proofreading in fast-paced environments.
The course is fun and hands-on, with exercises included throughout.
Who am I?
I’m a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and UTS journalism lecturer with over 20 years of experience across print and online.
Training for organisations and individuals
I provide in-house staff training that can be run on your premises anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.
One-on-one sessions are also available.
This punctuation and grammar course can be tailored to suit your needs – and can also be combined with my editing course.Ask for more information
Grammar workshops that are open to the public
Register your interest and I’ll be in touch about when the next public grammar workshop in your area will be.
- "Enjoyable workshop – Dan is a great presenter/teacher. It was amazing to find out how much I did and didn't know."Jamie Williamson – Rainmaker Group
- "Thank you for a fantastic learning experience. It was great to learn so many new things. I will be a much better writer because of today."Andrew Hill – The Salvation Army
- "Dan is brilliant! This workshop has really helped me understand more about editing. The skills and tools I have learned will assist me in my daily work. Thank you."Allyson Jennings – World Nomads
- "I'm feeling very motivated to work on my copy and improve it. Thank you!"Melissa Knapp – Yoganic
- "Top job – I was engaged the entire time! Definitely taken away some great lessons I'll use in the future."Jesse Welsh – Nine Entertainment
- "This workshop has helped me to develop a clear understanding of grammar, punctuation and copy. I've learnt about common mistakes I've been making for years – I won't now. The practice and activities helped to put it into action and I can't wait to get back to work with these skills. Thank you!"Annie Waterworth