Learn how to improve your grammar and punctuation
This practical and down-to-earth grammar workshop covers:
- why grammar and punctuation are important for readability
- how to use commas, colons, semicolons, apostrophes and other punctuation marks
- structuring sentences and paragraphs
- common punctuation and grammatical mistakes – and how to avoid them
- how to improve consistency
- proofreading your own – and other people’s – work
- tips for proofreading in fast-paced environments.
The course is fun and hands-on, with exercises included throughout.
Who am I?
I’m a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and UTS journalism lecturer with over 20 years of experience across print and online.
Training for organisations and individuals
I provide in-house staff training that can be run on your premises anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.
One-on-one sessions are also available.
This punctuation and grammar course can be tailored to suit your needs – and can also be combined with my editing course.Ask for more information
Grammar workshops that are open to the public
Register your interest and I’ll be in touch about when the next public grammar workshop in your area will be.
- "Dan was an engaging presenter and answered all questions well. The exercises were extremely helpful in understanding the content."Lurline Byles – Department of Fire and Emergency Services
- "Dan is adaptable to the various audience’s requirements and has a tremendous scope of information and experience which he delivers very well."Maggie Videan – Cancer Council
- "I'm feeling very motivated to work on my copy and improve it. Thank you!"Melissa Knapp – Yoganic
- "After trawling what felt like all of Sydney for the right editor to teach me the trade, from square one I knew I'd found the right person in Dan. He's an incredible teacher, with amusing anecdotes to boot. After just a few sessions, I was seeing English in an entirely new way and, with his help, I knew I was ready."Gavin A