Learn how to interact with the media
I’m a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and journalist who helps people get their message across to the media — whether it’s in an interview or through a press release.
I train a wide variety of people from different backgrounds: from those with no media experience to communications professionals.
As such, the training will be tailored to suit your needs and will be different for every client. Topics that can be covered include:
- becoming comfortable and confident in media interviews (this involves practice sessions)
- understanding how journalists work
- identifying the kinds of stories that different media outlets will run
- pitching your story to the media
- writing press releases that will be read and not deleted
- contacting journalists and editors
- handling media requests
- working across different mediums, from social media to blogs
- working with bloggers.
Media training that comes to you
My media training can be run at your office anywhere in Australia on a date that’s convenient for you.