- By Dan Kaufman on July 23, 2015
There are so many wondrous words in the English language. Words that fill your mouth and exercise your tongue, such as:
– marmoreal (an adjective meaning like marble, cold, white, smooth)
– verklempt (Yiddish for overcome with emotion)
– cacography (bad spelling or handwriting).
So how do you find the right one? …
- By Dan Kaufman on July 15, 2015
When Vincent Musetto (who wrote the infamous headline Headless Body in Topless Bar for the New York Post) passed away, Media Watch ran a segment on why headlines are changing online and asked for my opinion.
The problem, however, is that Media Watch were only able to run a three second quote when the answer is far too long and complicated for that. So, in order that I can sleep at night by finally giving the full answer, here’s the main reason: …